Information and Directions
Alaska Suites Juneau is a world apart, yet is only 97 minutes by air from Seattle, Washington, 75 minutes from Anchorage, Alaska, and 50 minutes from Whitehorse, Yukon. Nearby are many areas of spectacular natural beauty, most notably the Mendenhall Glacier, Mountains, Tongass National Forest, Glacier Bay National Monument, Eaglecrest Ski Area, and Pack Creek at Admiralty Island National Park.
Reasons to Visit
Unparalleled scenery, natural tranquility, convenient location, access to award-winning adventure spa. Nearby activities include sightseeing, hiking, biking, salmon halibut and trout fishing, kayaking, rafting, wildlife viewing, whale watching, bear viewing, glacier trekking and cruising, dog mushing, native culture, seasonal winter sports with x-c and downhill skiing, ice-skating, sledding, snow shoeing, theater, shopping, dining and much more. Plan to stay at least a week or two.
Alaska Suites Juneau is located on Douglas Island, just 3 minutes by bridge to downtown Juneau, Alaska. It is close to recreation, adventure, ski areas, while at the same time convenient to major attractions, business centers, shopping and dining.
Juneau International Airport is within 15 minutes of Alaska Suites Juneau, with domestic and international flights connecting through Seattle, Washington, Anchorage, Alaska and Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. Gustavus airport at Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve is within 37 air miles, or a short water taxi ride. Haines, Skagway and Sitka are easily accessible by boat or plane.
Douglas and Juneau harbors and cruise ship terminal is within 5 minutes of Alaska Suites Juneau. Auke Bay Boat Harbor and the ferry and Alaska Marine Highway terminals are within 20 minutes
From Airport Car Rental Lot (20 Minutes)
- Turn right coming out of lot.
- Follow Airport Access Road and Signs toward Downtown. Do NOT circle parking lot.
- Drive approximately 9 miles on Egan Drive.
- Turn right on main Douglas Bridge.
- Follow Turnabout to the right (heading toward City of Douglas).
- Drive for approximately 1 mile.
- Turn right on Crow Hill Drive (just beyond Lawson Creek)
- Follow Crow Hill Drive to the left.
- Turn left into the second complex (Chatham Place Condos)
- Assigned covered parking spaces directly in front of 2145B and 2141C.
- Call us (1-907-789-3772 or skype: pearsonspond) in advance for combination to lock box.
From Ferry (25 minutes)
- Turn right out of parking lot onto Veterans Memorial Hwy, which becomes Glacier Highway and then Egan Drive heading towards downtown Juneau (approximately 12 miles)
- Follow previous directions
From Downtown Juneau or federal building (5-10 minutes)
- Cross over the bridge to Douglas Island and follow previous directions